Wednesday, January 03, 2007


One of the saddest things I can think of is the garbage can with the extension that is perched along the driveway out of a fast food drive-through (or, much to Andy Rooney's chagrin, "Drive Thru"). It makes me so sad because it is so useful. I usually have a lot of empty fast food containers and need to do a little housekeeping before I set down my new items. Apparently, so does everyone else in America. So much so that fast food companies caught on and provided that garbage can with the extension. My goal for 2007 is to not each so much fast food. Maybe one day I'll have no use for that garbage can. Maybe one day America won't, either.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent picture, and an excellent resolution. I think the beginning of saying no to fast food is saying no to soda. I have found that without the large coke, you can actually taste the hamburger/taco/chicken sandwich, and, my friends, that is so not a good thing. You really need something strong to wash it all down and drown out the taste of artificial beef flavoring.

Next time you go to a fast food joint, order a large water. I can almost guarantee you will not crave that food item for at least another week or so.

Anonymous said...

I must say I disagree with you all so. I reveled in the delicious Oreo ice cream shake that I got at the Jack in the Box drive THRU this evening. And I have been subsisting on Arby's chicken salad with pecan wraps for the last two weeks. I will give up these divine treats when you pry them from my cold, dead, fat hands. Which will probably be sooner rather than later since my arteries are probably about 95% clogged.

Anonymous said...

Great resolution - and since I'm getting back on track, I can jump on this, too. BTW - how's the month going so far for CB and VG????

Anonymous said...

Excellent points, Nay. Could Mickey D's have cashed their last VanPaycheck?

To answer K-Rock, the month is going great... or at least these first four days. There was some slight adjustment but there are a lot more options that I thought there would be. The no DC headache is already gone and I'm jamming. Plus, I'm saving a lot of money by not going out for lunch and not going for a morning QT run. I highly recommend jumping on board.

TheVanBlogger said...

Other than the explosive, vegetable pooh it's going great. I bought a George Foreman grill and it's a big help. - VG

Anonymous said...

VG - Explosive? Welcome to my world everyday. Glad to see others enjoying life in the same way that I do. Can I get an "Amen," Nay?