Monday, January 29, 2007

Damn this McRib is good!


So it was official today. Barbaro is dead, and there is no hope for us all. Maybe this horse taught us a little more about our humanity. Actually, that last line of crap came straight from the video montage on ESPN this afternoon when they were "celebrating the life of that amazing thoroughbred." Seriously. This is the kind of crap that the noted piece of American satire "Dodgeball" was lampooning when they claimed that ESPN 8 (or the Ocho) was broadcasting their tournament. If I am so shallow that the death of a horse can make me question my humanity, I'd like someone to let me know so I can go hang myself from a shower-curtain rod. At least Barbaro's untimely demise can either let us continue making bitchin' collages in elementary school or eating that divine McRib in some secondary markets.

Homer

PS- The picture above was lifted off of the Deadspin site, it was too good not to steal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing. As a matter of fact, this morning it was the first story that CNN reported on at the top of the hour. It led ALL of the news, even before it reported on the White House response to Iran's nuclear program. Seriously. WTF????????

TheVanBlogger said...

Look, I'm a huge fan of the sport of kings. However, Barbaro was only 1/3 of the way to the triple crown. The've treated this glob of Elmers like a god since he kicked ass in the derby, but non the less he is still just a horse. The only thing that Barbaro will miss in this life is a life time of primo horse pussy,the best food money can buy and afternoon naps. Damn I wish I was a race horse. -VG p.s. I've got a new desktop background.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Makes me think of that Saturday Night Live commercials for glue. Will Ferrel sticks his finger in the vat of glue and says, "hmm... needs more horse". Love it.

Homer said...

It's the little containers of glue that make this picture special. I love it.

Anonymous said...

When Dale Earnhardt the First died the channel 12 newscaster said, "Today, NASCAR has lost its Elvis". K-rock and I laughed and laughed with delight. So I think it's appropriate to say that rich horse racing fans have lost their Dale Earnhardt. I want to see the stickers that say "God needed a race horse".