Monday, December 18, 2006

USA! USA! USA!



So this Miss USA thing has been very interesting to me. For those who don't know she is about to be stripped of her title for drinking, drugging, and whoring it up. If you look around the cultural landscape of America today, don't these activities make her the American ideal? I mean, just look at who we celebrate in our society and Ms. Conner is right there with them.

Oh, and she will be fired by that paragon of morals himself, Donald Trump. At worst, this allowed us to get that pre/post-op freak off of the top of the Vanblogger.

Homer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother Homer. We Americans like magic, shiny things, and fantasy. There's no rhyme or reason to what we stand behind or what we ridicule in blog form. Let me offer this: We just want to bitch. Miss America drank and said the "s" word? FIRE HER! Miss America is an angel on earth? SHE'S A LYING, TWO-FACED LESBIAN! This girl should be thankful this is happening. How many Miss America winners can you name - not including this girl? If it's Vanessa Williams then I can only say, "my point exactly"

Anonymous said...

I hear you Homer. With people like Paris Hilton and Kate Moss being one of the icons of the children these days, well a drunk Miss America fits right in.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I wasn't done. I just don't see why we as a society hold celebrities up on a pedestal. They are not really that important. How about we idolize or worship someone of importance instead, let me think maybe Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Okay I will get off of my soap box now.

Anonymous said...

I hear you Homer. With people like Paris Hilton and Kate Moss being one of the icons of the children these days, well a drunk Miss America fits right in.