Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Daily Motivation

Just 'cause...

"Whenever I get dumped (by a girlfriend), I nail the door shut so that no one can come inside, get a towel and clip it around my neck so it's like a Superman cape, take off my shoes so I can slide across the room, and...get a fake mic, like a celery stick or a pen, and I play any record that features the vocalist Ronnie James Dio. And you can just pretend you're Dio, because on every album he does, he has minimum one, usually three, *EVIL WOMAN LOOK OUT!*- songs."

"The ones who don't do anything are always the ones who try to pull you down."

"When you start to doubt yourself the real world will eat you alive."

"I don't want to pass through life like a smooth plane ride."

"If you hate your parents, the man, or the establishment, don't show them up by getting wasted and wrapping your car around a tree. If you really want to rebel against your parents: outearn them, outlive them, and know more than they do."

"Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane... You need a little bit of insanity to do great things."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI... these are quotes from Henry Rollins.

Anonymous said...

I can do the "insane" part.
And who is this Dio guy again? I have the attention span of a gnat.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure somebody is posting/has already posted a dio video for you to get a Ed-Dio-acation.