Monday, August 13, 2007

Bran Halen

Van Halen made the news today. Oh boy. It made me feel for Homer because I think most of us think of him whenever we see Van Halen news. It reminds me of how glad I am that the Beatles called it quits and, for the most part, didn't fall in to the "reunion" trap. Below you will see a picture of the Beatles at one of their last photo sessions. Look at those fellas!
Now look at this recent picture of the new and "improved" Van Halen.
Now normally, whenever a Rolling Stones fan would find out I was a Beatles fan they start an argument of why the Stones are so much better. It's a pointless argument, because what does it matter and how would you ever measure that? Anyway, The argument usually comes to this: "Look at the Stones. They're still touring!" That's usually where I lose it. That's a lot like this. So what if Van Halen is hitting the road? Talk about a train wreck. I think the Van Halen of 1978 would cringe to hear or see what's going on now. What's worse, the fans are cringing. So with that, I offer you my condolences, Homer. Take solace in the words of John Lennon...


"We were just a rock band. You have all the old records if you want to reminisce."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some, not all, but some, would argue the Beatles should have called it quits after Sgt. Pepper. You can't always go out "On Top", because you might not discover the development and potential that comes with age and time.

This does not apply to the Van Halen discussion, persay, and Aerosmith need not apply, but I can defintely see fault in the argument that The Beatles took the best road out. Who knows what we missed out on after 1970? And I'd rather not have had to see Ringo subject himself to some of those things we all know John, Paul, and George would have kept in check. YouTube evidence, coming soon.

Anonymous said...

Damn that George Harrison was foxy...always my fav.

Is Eddie the one on the right? Yowza...I thought he got clean? He looks like a freakazoid.

Anonymous said...

I'll argue Nay's point. The Beatles put everything they had in Abbey Road. After the Let It Be trainwreck, there was little left. They put it all in to AR and it's a fantastic record. There was nothing left. I see your argument, but you know just as well as I do that any Beatle record released in the seventies would have been AWFUL.