Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I love my brother... -VG




Another tuff day at the office? Indeed.... On the way home CB informed me that he had spent the last hour of work shaking up a hornets nest on the Denver Post. See, what we have here is a classic example of the van clans love of good baseball and superior sarcasm. CB writing under the name of "Rockies Hater" wrote the following sending the fine citizen of the mile high city into a tizzy fit.....

"First of all, let me congratulate your precious Troy Tulowitzki on a stellar 2008. I'm sure he's got his mouth shut now... especially after that little run-in with Upton earlier this season. A rookie calling out another rookie. Hahahaha! It's also interesting that Brandon Webb has more RBI than Tulowitzki. Good lord, what are you paying this kid for? His mouth? Hell, give me a bat and I might be able to accidentally hit .149. I sure as hell could get 0 RBI.

Secondly. Getting shut-out at Petco. Awesome. Can you imagine how your Rockies feel going in to San Diego after lucking their way in to the playoffs last year? There's earning a playoff spot and then there's getting in via a blown call.

Honestly, though, it must be painful to have to swallow the words of Eric Byrnes. You guys really were just lucky. It's delightful to watch. Your luck has run out and your record can't help but show that.

Meanwhile, the Arizona Diamondbacks are at the top of the Division, looking to win another series in just a couple of minutes here. Our batch of young talent seems to have actually gotten better over the winter.

Will the D-Backs have a slide this year. Sure. At some point. Will the Rox wake up. Sure. At some point. But these first few weeks are quite telling. And yes, my D-Backs got swept out last year by this team. I can handle that. We played poorly that series. But if you're going to point to that series as any kind of response to this post then you should also point out getting swept yourselves.

I have as many World Series wins as the Rockies. So do the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes last year, Rockies fans.

Again, congratulations on the season. And to think there's only 5 1/2 months left to go."

No comments: