Thursday, January 24, 2008

In the Interest of Fairness


I realize the photo I used with the previous post was a bit racy, so here is some equal time. I read that story yesterday about Lenny's celibacy with shock, awe, and disgust. Part of our cultural obsession with celebrity is to live somehow vicariously through them, as a rock star Lenny is supposed to be living a life of hedonism and depravity. None of this self-deprivation. He's supposed to whore it up, and I was very disappointed in Mr. Kravitz, until it hit me, this is a fantastic angle for a celeb to take with the ladies. Not that Lenny needs help with them, but it just adds a little mystique to his game.

Well played Lenny, well played.

Homer

PS- a google image search on Lenny Kravitz is not recommended if your safe search is off. My eyes are still stinging.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homer, I am SO sorry that I didn't read the blogger until today. You are the bestest big brother in the whole wide world. Thank you. I am at work but will be going home and doing a google search for Lenny Kravitz. If the "safe search" is on I will be throwing the computer out of the window in a frustrated rage.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many rock stars actually live like "rock stars". I'm sure at first they eat it up (pun intended). As much as we'd like to assume it's a steady stream of coke and booty, it probably tapers off at the request of the rock star. Janice used to talk about making love to 10,000 people a night and then going home alone. Weezer had a song "Tired of Sex". Lenny probably just wanted someone to talk to, as uncool as that sounds.

Anonymous said...

CB, you are on drugs. How in the world can ANYONE get tired of the mattress mambo?

TheVanBlogger said...

DAYUM.....me likey!

K-Rock