Monday, November 26, 2007

A Moment of Silence



Is probably less than Kevin DuBrow's home has heard ever. The man could talk, I'll give him that. Apparently the Quiet Riot singer was found dead today in his home. Interesting story: I was in front of DuBrow in line at a Baja Fresh in Las Vegas a few years back. No one approached him or acknowledged him. I felt kinda sorry for him. Anyway, now he's passed on and we have no one willing to pen such classics as, well most of his popular songs were covers so nevermind. Anyway, for me I'll either remember him as the quiet guy in the Baja Fresh or the guy who wrote the line "I want to kiss your lips, not the ones on your face." It's a diliemma...RIP Mr. DuBrow.

Homer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. "If this was 1981, this Baja Fresh would be free!" He was a main headline on CNN.com today. Totally unwarranted. I wished there was a school shooting in Wisconsin or some insurgent deaths in Basra... anything to get him off the news ticker.

Homer said...

C'mon CB, he had a classic hair weave. You can't leave that off of the ticker.

Anonymous said...

Good point. I'd like to point out that even before he died I always considered him to be one of the worse singers ever. He sounds closer to a fax machine than a singer.