Saturday, May 10, 2008

Homer's Big 5 - The New Home



1. Death of a Blog – No, this is not another “Oh, I’m so sad the vanblogger’s dead” post, but rather my other blog will be going on hiatus. It is too bad too, because that means that thevanblogger will be the recipient of all of my new nonsensical posts. Like the big five stories of the week (which were a weekly posting of sorts over on the other place).

2. Death to Asston Kuchar – or whatever his name is. Has he done anything of worth outside of Kelso? Punk’d was tolerable until people figured out what he was doing, but if you are going to play a single character for your entire career, it should really have more substance than some Milwakee stoner. Everyday that Bruce Willis doesn’t kick the hell out of him, leaving him a bloody mess in a Hollywood gutter, he should just count as a blessing from God.

3. Is Speed Racer the result of a Satanic Pact? That is the only explanation that I can come up with for the creation of this shit-fest. Let’s run down the Wachowski Brothers track record for a second shall we? The Matrix trilogy (the first one makes the existence of the other two okay, or at least tolerable), a seriously underrated V for Vendetta and then Speed Racer? The only plausible explanation is that they are making Speed Racer to pay the devil off for their successes in exchange for letting them make a couple of really good movies and letting Larry keep his junk intact.

4. Brandon Webb – continues to bitch-slap the National League. That is all.

5. Travel Writers Cheat? I don’t know if any of you have heard about this, but apparently there is a good deal of controversy going around about a gentleman who wrote for Lonely Planet guidebooks, who apparently wrote about a country he had never visited. Amazing how that works, huh? Hey can I sign up for that too? I’ll take your money and never go anywhere too. I want to pretend to go to Russia. I think it’d be bitchin’, and expensive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news. I didn't know you still posted to your other blog. One time you referenced it so I went and saw pictures of dudes looking at a lady tennis star, but one of them was not looking so the caption said "gay". Then like six months later that was still the most recent item. Had I known you still used it - especially for gems such as this - I would have visited much more often and told my friends. Set another one up, soon.

TheVanBlogger said...

No more Homer's Haven?? Granted, I was probably the only one who read it, but seriously, I'm going to have to fill the slot on my "check if it's updated" daily blog sweep, and I don't have a replacement yet. There goes my Saturday.

TheVanBlogger said...

That aboved post? Posted by Nay